Monday, June 30, 2008

You might want to try out this domain registrar

3 comments
Do you know how to register a domain, sort of your own dot com (and other TLDs too)? It's pretty easy actually, provided that you have your own credit card or other online currency accounts such as PayPal, Moneybookers, etc. Registering a domain with a domain registrar is as easy as signing up for a free email account. Of course, you also have to have money in your online currency accounts before you can purchase and register domain names under your name.

It is essential to choose good domain registrars, you don't want to have trouble registering, renewing or transferring your domains later on. Some good domain registrars are GoDaddy, NameCheap, Domain.com and Name.com. You might want to google them, read up on them and check their reputations before dealing with them.

Well actually Name.com is not that famous. However I have been using them for a few months, I have registered 3 domains with them and their support so far has been excellent. So I can personally testify to the excellence of their service, experienced or newbie webmasters alike should really try them out.

Why do I recommend them so much?


I'm glad you asked. There are a few reasons actually, I will present them in point form, it will be easier to read that way:
  1. Affordable price. The new domain registration on Name.com is one of the most affordable, even without any discount coupons. For a new dot com, the fee is only $5.99, subsequent renewals are $9.99 per year per domain, which is pretty standard among all domain registrars. Now, try to beat this price!
  2. Domain registration comes with free WHOIS protection. Some webmasters need to protect their personal information with WHOIS protection, otherwise anyone on the internet can easily find out his or her home address. WHOIS protection can easily cost up to a few dollars each year with other domain registrars, while some offer it for free for 1 year. Name.com actually offers WHOIS protection for free every year (please correct me, I might be wrong here...)
  3. Free Google Apps. Google apps are provided for free for new domain registration on Name.com. A total of 6GB email space is given in this package together with other useful tools such as organiser, web space, calendar, etc. If you do not have a web hosting, but still wish to have a personalized email, something like name@familyname.com, you could easily have that by registering a domain with Name.com, only $5.99 for the first year and $9.99 for the subsequent years! Up to 200 email addresses (each 300MB) can be created for each domain name.
  4. They have excellent support team. I have emailed them multiple times, not because their service is unstable or anything, I just needed some guides to configure the name servers and DNS settings. Each time I emailed the support, they would reply back to me within 12 hours maximum, I did not really keep track of the time they took to reply, it was an estimation but I am really impressed with their support team. Moreover, they do not simply point me to more help files when I ask them questions, they actually read through my questions and advised me the best solutions available. Kudos to Name.com's support!
Well, that's about all I could say about Name.com. Note that I am not affiliated with them in any way, I am just one of their customers, a very satisfied one.

If you have $5.99 to spare and wish to register a domain now, why don't you try them out? If you are unsatisfied with their services, you can easily transfer your domain name over to other domain registrars, but I bet you, you won't be unsatisfied :)
Socialize It →
Subscribe Us by Email and Get Free Updates

Other Interesting Posts :

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it is really cheap lo. :D

Anonymous said...

I prefer to use hostmonster.com because you get a host and the domain registration is free. I haven't tried Name.com but it looks good.

BobbyT said...

hi zbaseball16,

it is always recommended to buy hosting and domains separately.

your host might give you problems with domains transfer when you intend to change host.

© 2014 All Rights Reserved.
Blogging To a T & Powered By BloggerHero